Title:Pens From Spain
Year Of Release:2016
Genre:Indie Pop, Lo-Fi
Total Size:108 Mb
01. Loch Lomond - A String (4:05)
02. Loch Lomond - Silver Felt (3:25)
03. Loch Lomond - Be Mine and Be Kind (3:19)
04. Loch Lomond - Holland (2:01)
05. Loch Lomond - Violins And Tea (2:59)
06. Loch Lomond - Seattle Denver Arms (3:57)
07. Loch Lomond - Pens From Spain (4:16)
08. Loch Lomond - Nocturnal Me (3:53)
09. Loch Lomond - Listen Lisbon (3:10)
10. Loch Lomond - From Here To Iceland (0:45)
11. Loch Lomond - Soft River (4:30)
12. Loch Lomond - Shy Dillon (2:41)
13. Loch Lomond - Me and My Arrow (4:07)
After a string of head-turning, critically acclaimed releases on Hush Records, Portland's Loch Lomond has brought their unique brand of raw symphonic chamber pop to locally based record label Tender Loving Empire. Loch Lomond released their much anticipated second full length 'Little Me Will Start A Storm' for release in 2011, and is currently recording new material.
The album was mixed by Adam Selzer (who has recorded all of M Ward's records), Tucker Martine (Laura Veirs, The Decemberists), Kevin Robinson (of Viva Voce), and Jeff Stuart Saltzman.
In addition to employing notable visceral and expert melodic acrobatics, the co-ed sextet of Loch Lomond distinctly incorporates the use of vibraphone, piano, guitars, mellotron, clarinet, flute, drums, bass, and other sonic treatments to foil the even more distinct and arresting voice of lead singer/multi-instrumentalist Ritchie Young. He's able to switch from high-pitched fragility to alto thunder in the turn of a phrase, yet he knows the power of restraint intuitively, saving vocal tornadoes for emotional apexes buoyed by string swells and moving arrangements.
Loch Lomond - Pens From Spain (2016)