Back-In-Time 4.0.0 | MacOSX | 12.7 MB
Back-In-Time allows users to transcend Time Machine restoration possibilities. Back-In-Time offers an easy access to all the data backed up by Time Machine. Mac OS X comes with the Time Machine backup application that is designed to help you store your important data on either internal or external disks. The utility makes incremental backups of specific files, but can also backup and restore your entire system.
Access Time Machine Data located in any disk or Mac
From the same interface, you can easily access any file or folder located on any of your Time Machine disks: the one you use, the Time Machine disks used by other Macs, and also data from Time Capsule.
Back-In-Time can also access the data remaining on a former Time Machine disk.
Easily find the multiple versions as well as deleted items
Back-In-Time displays the number of versions available for each document, and when they were saved. You can preview and open the files directly, and also get a graphical comparison of their contents.
Deleted items are displayed and you can copy, preview, and open them.
Open Multiple Browsers
Back-In-Time can open multiple browsers to display multiple Time Machine disks, folders and backup dates to compare and retrieve data easily. Copy, Recovery and Preview features are directly available.
Drag and Drop to recover or open files
To restore a file or folder, simply drag it to its original location or to any other place on your Mac. To preview a file, press the Space bar.
To view or open a file, drag it onto the application of your choice (the file cannot be modified when located on the Time Machine disk).
- Access and preview the contents of any Time Machine backup.
- Handle multiple Time Machine backup disks.
- Restore data to its original location—or anywhere else.
- Copy data to any location of your choice.
- Drag and drop restore.
- Restore files, folders, or entire disks.
- Build-in graphical comparison function to compare the contents of two files, or two versions of the same file.
- Preview different backup versions with QuickLook.
- See how many backed-up versions are available for each file.
- See deleted items, with date of last backup.
- Browse through all Time Machine backup.
- Open multiple browser ShiChuang.
- Access backups made on other Macs.
- Create Virtual Disk to browse Time Machine backups from other Macs or from old Time Machine disks.
- See history of each backup (how much data was copied).
- Calculate the space really occupied on the Time Machine disk by the backups of each file, application and folder.
- Combine the backups of multiple disks to display and handle the backups of different disks or Mac as a unique set of backups.
What's New Version 4.0.0:
Note: Now requires a 64-bit Intel processor.
Original contents browser: to compare the contents of your Mac with the Time Machine backups.
Export the contents of a backup to a text file.
Compare the contents of two exports.
Ability to use Back-In-Time without administrator privileges
Requirements: Intel, 64-bit processor OS X 10.6 or later