Simon 4.1.1 | MacOSX | 16.39 MB
Simon Monitor checks servers for changes or failures, and can notify you by e-mail, beep, Twitter, or other means. You can use it to track site updates and to alert you when an important server goes down or recovers its work. Developed in Cocoa, it is a native Mac OS application with an intuitive and attractive interface. Simon is very flexible. It can be used to monitor your own website and servers, track messages, and comments on the blogs of your or blogs of your friends, check web mail, get notifications of updates to favorite news and entertainment websites, keep an eye on auctions, and many others.
At Your Service
* Several services come built-in. Services tell Simon how to check a test. They include, among others:
* Application: Make sure an application is present, and optionally running - can re-launch if not via Launch notifier.
* DNS and Specific DNS: Query a domain name server to ensure the domain is visible.
* Drive Status: Checks the drive capacity threshold, SMART status, and RAID health.
* FTP: Look at a file on an FTP server, to detect its availability or changes.
* FTP Directory Listing: Watch a directory listing on an FTP server, to detect added, changed, or deleted files.
* Incoming Mail (IMAP): Communicate with an IMAP mail server, to make sure it is available, and / or look for new
* Incoming Mail (POP): Another kind of mail server (plus a SSL-enabled edition is also available).
* Mount: Mount a local, AFP, or SMB volume to ensure it's available.
* MySQL: Connect to a local or remote MySQL database and perform a query to ensure it is working.
* Network Time (NTP): Checks that a network time server is responding.
* Outgoing Mail (SMTP): Outgoing mail usually goes via a SMTP server; make sure it is available (plus a SSL variation).
* Ping: Ping any server to check responsiveness; you can specify timeout and packet loss limits.
* Port Available: Like the Port services, but simply checks if a port is open, without actually communicating on it.
* Samba SMB: Checks that a Samba SMB client is online and responding.
* Screenshot: Takes a screenshot whenever the test is checked. Useful to track activity on the machine.
* S.M.A.R.T. Status: Checks the S.M.A.R.T. status for all volumes.
* SNMP Status: Checks the status of a SNMP-connected device; it's a failure if it is not up.
* System Error Log: Results in a failure if a specified error message occurs in today's system.log.
* SSH: Converse with a remote secure shell session.
* TCP Port Scanner: Checks the status of all TCP ports on a server.
* Twitter: Monitors Twitter updates, direct messages, friends, followers, and more for changes and / or failures.
* Web (HTTP): Check a website for changes or failures.
What's new in Version 4.1:
* Fixed a crash on OS X 10.11 when changing tests with the Preview displayed.
* Improved the layout of the Preview.
* Added exceptions to 10.11's restrictions on http: // access.
* Fixed several issues raised by the latest development tools.
OS - MacOSX 10.8 or Later
Home Page -
Buy Premium From My Links To Support Me & Download with MaX SPeeD!