Sony Catalyst Browse Suite 2.0.1 Multilingual | 305.5 MB
The complex world of media production requires powerful media management. Catalyst Browse, a cross-platform viewing and logging tool for all Sony Pro formats, offers streamlined media management that simplifies your workflow and secures your content.
A powerful clip-management tool for the latest Sony cameras and decks
Catalyst Browse works as your media assistant and lets you browse files from your Sony camera, deck, or card reader. With detailed views of individual clips, you can see and edit media metadata, accurately view video in the proper source color space, and apply color correction and color looks. Once you have selected the clips you need, you can copy them to a local hard drive or connected NAS, upload to Sony Media Cloud Services Ci, transcode to a variety of formats, as well as create, ingest, and export Sony Professional Disc clip lists.
Quickly browse files on your device in a visual thumbnail view or a detailed list.
The Places pane provides quick access to your internal and external drives, and any connected devices such as cameras, decks, or card readers. Drag and drop files between connected devices and internal or external storage.
See the details of each clip, check focus, mark in and out points, adjust colors, and edit metadata.
Copy all clips on the media, a subset, or only the desired portion of a clip to save time and space.
Wide Color Gamut
View the full color range shot by your Sony S-Log and RAW cameras for total confidence. Apply color correction and import/export standard ASC-CDL files to save time and share with other tools in your workflow.
Flash Band Correction
Automatically detect and repair flash band problems created by flash photography.
Transcode and Cloud
Transcode clips to a variety of video production formats. Upload clips directly to Sony Media Cloud Services Ci for collaborative team review. Supported video formats and devices.
Create, import, and export Sony Professional Disc clip lists for quick playout.
Catalyst Browse system requirements:
- A 64-bit operating system: WeiRuan-->WeiRuan ShiChuang 7, ShiChuang 8.1, or ShiChuang 10 or Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) or 10.11 (El Capitan)
- 2 GHz processor (multicore or multiprocessor CPU recommended for HD; 8 cores recommended for 4K))
- 500 MB hard-disk space for program installation
- Solid-state disk (SSD) or high-speed RAID for 4K media
- 4 GB RAM (8 GB recommended; 16 GB recommended for 4K)
- NVIDIA, AMD/ATI, or Intel GPU with support for the following:
- OpenGL 2.1
- OpenCL 1.1 or later with at least 512 MB of memory (2 GB recommended for 4K) or a CPU with SSE 4.2 or higher
New in Version 2.0.1:
- Improved performance when accessing Professional Disc volumes.
- Added French and German language support.
- Updated Japanese and Simplified Chinese language support.
- Added support for detecting color space for clips created by the Sony Alpha α7.
- Added support for editing Summary metadata for Professional Disc volumes in the Inspector.
- Improved audio performance during variable-rate playback.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the application to crash when inserting a disc in the Sony PDW-U2 XDCAM Disc Drive Unit.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the application to crash during startup when running under ShiChuang 10 with multiple GPUs.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the application to crash when attempting to drop a clip on the EDL Import workspace.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the application to crash when attempting to browse to a folder that had been deleted.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the application to stop responding in some cases after clicking the Repair button in the Flash Band workspace.
- Fixed a bug that could cause accented characters to be displayed incorrectly.
- Fixed a bug that could cause image corruption in some transcoded XAVC Long clips.
- Fixed a bug that could cause clips to be transcoded incorrectly on some operating systems other than English, Japanese, or Simplified Chinese.
- The Go to Location and Add to Favorites commands are now unavailable when the application is started in view-only mode.