Piccure+ 126.96.36.199 Multilingual Standalone & Plug-in| 122.11 MB
Piccure+ is a new application capable of correcting optical aberrations and camera shake that cause a lack of sharpness in your images. It integrates seamlessly as a plugin (filter) into Adobe Photoshop, Photoshop Elements and Lightroom. It can also be called directly from within DxO Optics Pro and PhaseOne CaptureOne. piccure+ also works as standalone including RAW converter.
Piccure+ uses a novel method that essentially inverts the optical processes that cause images to look blurry. With the help of piccure+, your equipment can now be upgraded with a mouse click. piccure+ is useful for both expensive fast lenses as well as economic zoom lenses. You will often be able to match the sharpness of lenses costing several thousands of dollars with equipment costing a mere fraction of that amount, and finally get that crisp touch with your prime lens wide open. No other solution gives your equipment a similar upgrade. The improvements get more substantial with increasing image size: many lenses cannot match todays sensor resolution of up to 36 or even 50 megapixels. Only with the latest and best lenses, and ideally with a camera mounted on a tripod will you directly benefit from these large sensor resolutions. In all other cases, piccure+ can help you make full use of your sensor.
Dont lose 40-80 of your sensor resolution to lens softness
piccure+ is primarily aimed towards professional photographers shooting 20+ MP RAW images. However, many photographers dont know that they lose 40-80 of their sensor resolution to lens softness. Even the latest lenses often cannot match the resolution of modern camera sensors. DxOLabs (famous for their camera and lens tests) evaluated many of the most recent Nikon lenses with the following results (sensor resolution vs. Perceptual MPix).
Currently, piccure+ is the most advanced tool in the field of computational photography and essentially defines the state of the art. Lenses are bound by the laws of optics and lens designers have to strike a difficult balance by trading off image quality with conflicting goals such as price, speed, and weight of a lens. Additional imperfections occur due to manufacturing tolerances. The end result is usually sub-optimal image quality. We tackle this problem using computational photography and machine learning. piccure+ helps you when your lens operates at the edge of its design capabilities and can give you a significant quality improvement. Its effect will be greatest for large optical aberrations.
Piccure+ 2.5 Improvements:
- Image processing speed has been increased. We cut processing times by 3070 across all image sizes, computer configurations and settings. The increase in speed will be higher for slower computers (e.g. dual-core laptops) and does not require a powerful GPU. If you have a very fast computer, the speedup may not be as significant as for a slower one (percentagewise). This isnt some marketing gig. We want to share this improvement with our loyal customers for free. If you want to learn more about it, head over to our blog.
- Chromatic aberrations can now be corrected separately from the setting Strong in Lens+.
- Thumbnail generation speed in batch mode for the standalone (RAW) has been increased by 90.
- Full support as an external application for DxO Optics Pro 9 and 10 as well as Capture One Pro 8. For more details on efficiently starting piccure+ from another application take a look at the handbook (p19/20).
- Standalone user interface has been improved. Information regarding shutter speed, aperture and ISO is now readily available
- New cameras are now supported. Thirty-four cameras were added to the list bringing the total number of supported cameras to 632
- ShiChuang 7 or later
- 4 GB RAM and Dual-core; 8+ GB and Quad-core recommended;
- Standalone: no software requirements
- Plugin: Adobe Photoshop (CS4 or newer), Adobe Lightroom 3 (or newer) or Adobe Photoshop Elements (version 7 or newer). DxO Optics Pro 9 or later, Phase One Capture One 8 or later