Greenfoot v3.0.3 | 194.0 Mb
Greenfoot is an integrated development environment that allows you to build Java simulations for graphical programs and games in an interactive way. The IDE provides standard Java code and combines it with visual execution and a large amount of documentation which should make it a viable solution for both experts and beginners.
Greenfoot is meant to be a tool appropriate for both teaching and learning Java in a visual way and for this reason its graphic user interface is kept simple and practical. The application itself is comprised of a single window which displays 'the world' and the used classes.
Both 'Actor' and 'Word' classes can be added with a simple right-click and you are able to insert as many as you want. For each class you can create a subclass and customize it with a name and image since Greenfoot is a visual IDE.
The application offers a large image library that is grouped into categories such as 'animals', 'buildings', 'objects', 'people', 'symbols' and more, each containing a decent amount of examples. On the plus side, if you can't really find what you need, the application allows you to create a new image using an installed graphics editor or you can load one from your computer.
Use Java in a user-friendly environment
Greenfoot uses Java code in developing the simulations and for this reason it provides an easy to understand and manage code editor that is well suited for beginners. It comes with syntax highlighting, auto-completion, find and replace along other commonly used IDE tools.
Once you finish writing code, Greenfoot enables you to make objects act, invoke methods directly and run the scenario.
A great tool for Java scenario simulation
With the above to consider and a lot more to discover about Greenfoot, it's safe to say that if you're looking for a comprehensive and powerful IDE meant for object orientation in Java, then you should try this one.
New in version 3.0.3 (May 5, 2016)
• MSI installer will now automatically remove older MSI versions of Greenfoot when installing.
• Fixed various bugs, especially with save the world and automatic compilation
• New execution control to interrupt long-running execution
• Protected methods can now be called on Actors and Worlds
• Stride: various speed and memory use improvements
• Stride: assignment symbol changed to add arrow-head
• Stride: frame extensions (e.g. making variable static) can now be used from within slots, and are available on frame selections
• Stride: bird's eye view can now toggle visibility of documentation
• Java: Ctrl-tab/Ctrl-shift-tab now moves between editor tabs, and classes with errors show red underline in tab header
• Java Development Kit.
• JAVA JRE. Get It Here.
In Archive: Introduction to Programming with Greenfoot: Object-Oriented Programming in Java with Games and Simulations.
OS: ShiChuang All.
All Link Download :