ScanDir 1.22 / 1.3 Build 1829 Beta + Portable | 6.4 Mb
More often than not, you come to realize the limitations of ShiChuang Explorer when you are searching for certain files or directories and you are in a hurry. ScanDir is a lightweight program designed to help you find files on a wide variety of criteria and process them with ease.
Clean interface and smooth functionality
The program comes with a clear and well-organized interface that enables you to search and view query results in a familiar way. You can preview the items, learn more info about the directory, explore the files it contains and check out the scan logs.
In addition, the app allows you to preview the contents of certain files in a small panel located in the lower section of the main window. Unfortunately, not all files can be previewed. On a side note, while you can save the scan results anywhere on your computer as TXT, it would be nice if you could save the list in other file formats.
Enables customized and thorough search
Since the core function of the application is to help you find files and directories based on different criteria, it is recommended that you take the time to go through the settings first. Configuring the program entails specifying the filters - Or, And or Not - for the default search criteria (file extensions, masks, strings, etc.).
While creating the filters can be time-consuming for users with less experience, you should know that the app can perform a minute search and deliver accurate results when set properly. Once the scan is complete, you can proceed to manage the files according to your needs and preferences.
More precisely, you can copy, change attributes, prepare for printing, rename, split, join or move the files to another folder. If you find it easier, then you can use command lines to perform the aforementioned tasks.
A good tool for finding files quickly
While it entails a learning curve, ScanDir comes with numerous filters and advanced search options that can lend you a hand when you are trying to find certain files on your local drives.
New in version 1.2.2 (December 16th, 2015)
* Print image added;
* Copy image to clipboard added;
* Favourite Files added;
* Copy full path added to Copy/Move dialog more...;
* Create multiple sub directories added to Create directory dialog more...;
* Pagenumbers added to printed output;
* Customizable presets for Scan button;
* Online Help added;
* Rename option extended with numbers in Copy/Move dialog more...;
* Usability enhancements;
* View tab moved to Preview pane;
* Improved image support (.TIFF added);
* Improved Rename functions;
* String and pattern search arguments can be combined;
* Case sensitive search added;
* Stat and Log combined;
* Font dialog;
* Fixed: spaces problem in Open with...;
* Fixed: resize problem with floating preview;
* Fixed: resize problem with main window;
* Fixed: some [Cancel] replies were ignored or processed as [No];
* Copy/move count corrected;
* Scan for filenames with no extension;
* Append sequence number during Rename if target file already exists;
New in version 1.3 Build 1829 Beta (June 30, 2016)
* Select similar removed;
* Replace invalid file timestamp with 0000-00-00 00:00;
OS: ShiChuang 7 / 8 / 10 (32/64-bit) and XP
Links are Interchangeable - No Password - Single Extraction