LyX Bundle 2.2.1 | 251.5 Mb
LyX is, in essence, a document processor, but behind this rather generic title, there is a versatile editing platform where the focus falls on the appearance of the documents as much as on the way they are edited.
It is an open-source, cross-platform project that enhances the document management experience, allowing for the results to look professional, while the integrity of the content is in no way affected.
Thanks to its TeX / LaTeX support, academicians and students will no longer have a hard time writing formulae and will be able to produce science articles and books in a significantly easier manner than with a classic document editor.
LyX's appearance is similar to most word processors, but looks is not its primary focus. Despite resembling the competition, LyX provides so much more in terms of functionality. It's got rich support for documents, including Word, PDF, RTF, HTML, Postcript and OpenDocument, with extensive import and export options.
On top of basic editing features, such as cut, paste, spell checking, undo, redo, the program comes with a lot of goodies in what the outline and formatting of a document is concerned. You can create indexes, labels and bibliographies, table of contents, lists, headings, to name just a few.
With LyX, you will be able to incorporate tables and even external images inside a document and edit them with the aid of a built-in graphic utility. In addition, the formula editor allows for the easy creation of equations, matrices, theorems, with the possibility to define macros for later use.
Existing documents can be tracked for changes; in fact, you can compare several different editions of the same document and keep tabs on the modifications with the least of efforts.
In conclusion, LyX is so much more than a word processor. It pays attention to the structure of a file while also providing several editing possibilities, therefore covering all the aspects characteristic to document creation.
* Mathematical formula editor which is easily best of breed. Fully harnesses the power of LaTeX.
* Equations can be entered via point-and-click interface or via keyboard with LaTeX commands (optionally via auto-completion). Formulas are immediately visually rendered on screen.
* Copy/paste to and from LaTeX source code.
* Equation arrays, equation numbering, theorems, customizable math macros, matrices, algorithms, and much more.
* Support of math macros
* Basic support for various Computer Algebra Systems (CAS) - Maple, Maxima, Octave, Mathematica
Structured document creation:
* Advanced features for labels, references, index and bibliography (including advanced BibTeX support)
* Standard word processor operations, like cut/paste, multiple open documents, undo/redo, spellchecking (uses aspell in the background), thesaurus and revision tracking
* Different textclasses allow you to type letters, articles, books, movie scripts, LinuxDoc, slides, presentations. Also included are some textclasses for scientific societies, such as AMS, APS, IEEE, or specific journals like Astronomy and Astrophysics.
* Dedicated modules let you dynamically enhance the functionality of the textclass by adding features that are needed for specific tasks (such as endnotes, linguistic glosses)
* Numbered section headings, table of contents (with hypertext functionality), lists of figures/tables
* The outliner mode allows for easy navigating in your document as well as for moving or nesting complete chapters and sections
* Character styles provide access to fully semantic markup
* Support for many graphic formats (including XFig, Dia and others)
* WYSIWYG for cropping, rotation, scaling of images
* Enhanced support for intelligently floating figures and tables
* Support for subfigures, subtables and captions
* Support for wrapped figures and tables
* Interactive WYSIWYG tables
* Shared (geometry) settings for multiple figures
* Support for writing documents in many languages of the world
* Bidi support for Right-to-Left languages such as Hebrew and Arabic
* Support for many writing systems (including CJK)
* Write multilingual documents consisting of diverse languages and scripts thanks to unicode compliance.
* Menus, error messages, manuals and key bindings are available in many languages
* Access to all LaTeX functionality with capability to insert plain LaTeX code anywhere in a document.
* Import and export to many formats (LaTeX, PDF, Postscript, DVI, ASCII, HTML, OpenDocument, RTF, MS Word, and others) thanks to configurable converters
* Send a fax from within LyX
* Source code viewer for instant LaTeX and DocBook view.
* SGML-tools support (DocBook DTDs)
* Literate programming support (noweb, Sweave)
* Support for export of PDF bookmarks and header information
* Graphical user interface that gives access to all functions via menus and mouse, as well as configurable key bindings
* Extensive documentation, including a beginner's tutorial, available in many languages
* Text completion support
* Change tracking
* Support for external version control systems
* Branches for having different versions of the same document
* Yellow sticky notes
New in version 2.2.1 (July 26, 2016)
* LyX 2.2.1 is the result of on-going efforts to make our stable version more reliable and more stable. We have fixed a number of bugs and made a number of improvements. Most of these are relatively minor.
* We had previously announced that versions of LyX later than 2.1.5 would no longer support ShiChuang Vista. Thanks to the contributions of some of our users, we have been able to restore support for Vista, so 2.2.1 will in fact run on Vista. See the discussion at bug 10186 for the details.
* One important change is to the behavior of character styles. By default, these now prohibit changes to the paragraph layout. Putting a description inside a character style typically results in invalid LaTeX code, so this makes certain mistakes harder to make. Power users who have taken advantage of the previous behavior can restore it by adding "ForcePlain 0" to the declaration of the character style, so long as this is done after "LyXType charstyle" has been declared.
LyX Bundle - installs a fully functional and complete LyX setup including a LaTeX distribution and a bibliography manager.
OS: ShiChuang XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 8 64-bit
Buy Premium From My Links To Support Me & Download with MaX SPeeD!