Building Web Services with Java EE | 252MB
English | 2h 26m | AVC (.mp4) 1280x720 15fps | AAC 44.1KHz 1ch
Genre: eLearning | Level: Intermediate
Most Java EE APIs are presentation-oriented. But there's another category of service-oriented features that provide data and other services to mobile and desktop "rich" applications. This course explores web services: the concepts, syntax, commands, and tools that allow you to communicate and share data between applications. Author Patrick Royal explores protocols like SOAP and REST and shares simple programming tips for writing web services that are as efficient as possible.
He also reveals his favorite extensions for increasing the compatibility of your services. This course includes a series of hands-on practice activities (challenges) that let you test your understanding along the way.
* What are Java EE web services?
* Creating a simple service
* Building, packaging, and deploying your service
* Understanding the basic syntax
* Working with WSDL (Web Service Definition Language)
* Exploring SOAP (Simple Object Access Protocol)
* Exploring the syntax and design of REST (Representation State Transfer)
* Programming a web service in Java EE
* Debugging and optimizing your code