Pasteboard - Sans Minds Workers Series
DVDRip | English | RMVB | 720 x 480 | RV40 ~433 kbps | 30 fps
COOK | 64.1 Kbps | 44.1 KHz | 2 channels | 1h 09mn | 251.1 MB
Genre: eLearning Video / Magic tricks, illusion (2015)
1. Tap Change - A visual color change that happens in the spectator's hands. This is super visual, and a strong routine to open this collection. A personal favorite.
2. Tear - A torn card transposes with a selection. This one takes some setup and prop management that's takes it outside of the "worker" category for me.
3. Take - A moving pip effect where you visibly remove the pip on one card and throw it onto another card making this card the spectators selection. This routine is incredibly visual and very magical. It is admittedly designed for doing on TV or on a big projection screen. It could certainly be done in a formal close up show, but definitely not something you'd do in walk around due to setup and angles. Again, I would not classify this as a "worker". (Which brings up the question of its inclusion on this DVD. I thought this was supposed to be material chosen for its practicality and angles - curious)
4. Mouth - An open prediction where a joker is isolated at your lips, only to show the joker on top of the deck a few moments later. When the spectator looks up, their selection is at your lips. This was my favorite of the routines. Simple to do with solid impact. Its a nice variation of a classic Ambitious Card move that many people will be able to put in their repertoire right away.
5. Move - This is a moving ink effect. Two hearts are shown drawn separately on the back of a card. With a simply flick, the two hearts visibly link and the card is handed out. Very visual. This was another favorite on the DVD, although I rarely do anything to destroy cards as I like to work with a complete deck. Nevertheless, I can see many uses for this including business/trade show applications. The routine does require a gimmick, but its simple to create and you can add it easily to your deck. This is also a GREAT routine to have ready to go when you discover its someone's anniversary or recent engagement.