Introduction to the ESP8266 and the IoT Training Video
2016-08-30 | SKU: 02408 | .MP4, AVC, 2250 kbps, 1920x1080 | English, AAC, 128 kbps, 2 Ch | 2.5 hours | 2.33 GB
Instructor: John C Shovic
This course demonstrates how to design, build and deploy WiFI connected IoT devices. It introduces you to a low cost ESP8266 IoT computer, shows you how to configure the ESP8266 using the Arduino IDE (integrated development environment), explains the Grove no-soldering-required prototyping system, and leads you through two start-to-finish IoT projects.
Designed for learners with a very basic understanding of programming, electronic components (resistors, switches, etc.), and the interconnection between servers and browsers, this course requires the following IoT hardware and software: Arduino IDE, ESP8266 SDK, the Adafruit Huzzah, an FTDI Cable, and a set of Grove prototyping devices. Each requirement is explained at the beginning of the course.
- Gain a fundamental understanding of the Internet of Things-the IoT
- Build two working IoT prototypes using off the shelf components
- Learn to set up, configure, and program an ESP8266 IoT computer using the Arduino IDE
- Understand how to build an IoT web server
- Practice creating complex IoT devices using the Grove no-soldering prototyping system
- Learn to use the IOT messaging protocol (MQTT) with the Raspberry Pi and the Adafruit.io platforms
Table of Contents
02. Hardware and Software
03. Building a Web Server
04. Prototyping IOT Devices